P90x Diet and Nutrition
P90X Diet is a nutritional plan that complements the 13-week workout exercise. Unlike other diets, this kind of diet is designed to complement the workout routine that goes along with the program. The diet affords you with the correct combination of foods to ensure that your body will have the energy to endure the program while keeping it healthy at the same time. This program is made up of three phases, namely: Fat Shredder, Energy Booster, and Endurance Maximizer
Fat Shredder Phase. To help jumpstart losing weight, this 4-week phase promotes least caloric intake. Protein is kept high to promote muscle building and fat burning. Phase 2: Energy Booster
Energy Booster Phase. To enable your body to keep up with the strenuous workouts and allow you to train harder, complex carbohydrates are incorporated back into the meal plans. Three servings of complex carbohydrates like pasta, oatmeal, and whole wheat bread are permitted. Fruits with glycemic index that is low are also allowed. Protein servings remain high to support recovery of muscles.
One can stay on this phase for as long as this is working out well for you. Progressing to phase 3 can be done if you want to increase muscle mass and muscle endurance.
Endurance Maximizer Phase. This phase increases carbohydrate intake. This is to boost your energy and give you stamina needed to get through strenuous workouts involved in this phase.
Downing on lots of water and dividing you meal into small portions are emphasized in all three phases. The dieters can either follow the portion approach or meal approach. The meal approach can follow the sample recipes in the program. With the portion approach however, you are simply given of the amount of servings you are to eat. You have the liberty to experiment with your meals.
Determining you daily caloric requirement is vital before you go through the program. This will be a guiding factor in your food intake.
Nutrition on P90x Diet
The P90X diet plan is intended to offer you enough energy needed to get cope up with the workouts in each phase. Thus, sincere commitment is required. One can expect various modifications of your eating habits. Here are things that you need to know first before starting on P90X.
1. Protein in every meal. The program necessitates increase protein intake in the first phase. Lean protein intake at every mean is continued in the second and the third phase. This will aid in burning more fats and keeping hunger pangs at bay. This also ensures muscle tissue repair after routine that includes the weights.
2. Goodbye sugar and white bread. Sugar and white bread should be completely eliminated from your meal plans. Sugar and white bread are high in glycemic index which can make you hungrier and crave more carbohydrates. Replacing your simple carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat products like bread and pasta is a way to go. Brown rice is also highly recommended.
3. Water requirement. Drinking at least 10 glasses of water every day is the healthy way to go. This ensures proper digestion of food. This also helps you in feeling full. Proper water intake will ensure that you are well-hydrated workout routine that are sweat-inducing. Speedy weight loss and faster metabolism are other reasons to down lots of water.
4. Breaking meals to smaller portions. This would ensure a steady supply of energy all throughout the day. This requires adjustment on your part. Planning meals ahead is a good way to ensure you won’t miss a meal.
5. Supplements. The program encourages you to avail of their drinks, supplements, and protein bars. However, using your preferred brand would not make any difference as long as the ingredients are equivalent. Finding snacks and supplements that suit your taste and budget is a practical thing to do.
6. Extensions. Extending a phase when you fail to see results is okay. Phase 1 is intended to aid you in the first 3 weeks of the program. However, extending it to 4 or 5 weeks if you have not seen any result in losing weight is okay. Phase 2 can be made into a lifestyle when you’ve managed to lose weight. Phase 3 are for those people who want to go for more athletic lifestyle.
7. Diet goal. The main goal of your diet is to support the 1 hour a day workout for 6 days in a week. It is designed for to work for 13 weeks. Therefore it is important to consume just the correct amount of carbs, protein, and fat in every phase. It is also vital that you push your limits in every workout, every day.
Anybody can go into P90X. You need only arm yourself with commitment and discipline. This is especially ideal for those who don’t want to spend money going to fitness center or hiring an expensive personal trainer.